Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Quick update.

So, I am going to try a new strategy; more frequent short posts. Hopefully this will prevent one year passing between entries. For the past several days, I have been working on finishing the walls and the tub surround. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Just need a bit more sanding and one more coat of Redgard. Next step is to prime, paint, and then tile.


Tub surround with Redgard waterproof coating painted on.

Westerly view showing new door entry and the toilet area.
 I ordered the vanity faucet yesterday. It was a tough choice between these two designs. There is something about faucet/fixture designs that I find intriguing. Maybe it's the design nerd in me, but I think a nice faucet provides a makes a statement; smilar to how fine jewelry completes an outfit.   

Option A
Option B


I stumbled on another great blog of 'old home fans' documenting their home reno. Impressive work with fantastic results. The whole house is amazing and the kitchen is superb. Enjoy.

https://madisonsquare.wordpress.com/ 


Oh, I went with Option B.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, isn't that redguard blinding - dont miss that stage of reno! Thanks for reading our blog. Can't wait to see the bathroom progress.

    ReplyDelete