Thursday, December 15, 2011

Tile and other things

A trip to "Newalens" two weeks ago slowed my tiling progress. I didn't have time to take photos this time, but here is a shot from a trip there last summer.

French Quarter musicians.
I burned the midnight oil working on the bathroom last week to make up lost time. Progress was slow and tedious, especially the storage niche. I discovered using large tiles requires making accurate cuts because mismatched grout lines are very noticeable; so I'm taking my time to get the measurements right. I'm glad to get this step done. Now I just have to make a decision on grout color; not as easy as it seems. Trying to find a color matched caulk makes it more challenging because retailers don't carry all the caulk colors that they have in grout! Sort of reminds me of the hot dog/hot dog bun conspiracy...
 
Shower tile progress. No grout yet.

While I try to track down the grout color, I painted the walls and started installing the bamboo wall paneling.


Bamboo flooring on the wall where the vanity will be installed.

I'm off work all next week so I am hoping to get allot done. Pat and I made a decision and purchased the floor tile. That will go down after the walls are finished.

That's it for this week. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment