Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Finished tiling



I finished tiling the kitchen floor at the end of November. The cheapo power drill I bought to mix thinset with died on the second last batch. :( RIP!

Overall it took about 4 weeks nights and weekends. It was my first time tiling anything, and but once I got the hang of it seemed to go alright. I'm happy with the results.



Here are some pictures of the steps leading down to the basement and side door before tiling. The plywood are temporary steps until I finished the new treads.


These are the steps leading upstairs and to the living room. The pink paint looks to be original. I uncovered it after removing carpeting when we moved in.












Here is what the completed floor looks like. I decided to tile the entire floor to help make leveling the cabinets easier. I hope the extra effort was worth it...

And some shots of the finished stairs.





Next up is door and window casings and baseboards...and cabinets, hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment