Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Time for a vacation...


I finished rerouting the light switches and framing the wall and ceiling transitions after we got back from IKEA Sunday. I needed to get the cabinets that are going to be used in the peninsula and exchange another cabinet for a different size. Mental note: don't go to IKEA on Sunday at noon...it was packed.

The goal for this week is to get the serving bar/penninsula frame and drywall finished and paint the walls so I can pick up where I left off on the floor.
Here are some shots of the penninsula frame coming together.







I was hoping to have the cabinets and a temporary countertop installed for the sink before we take off for vacation next week, but I don't think that is going to happen. I think I will be lucky to get the floor tiled. I friend of mine offered to help out this week, so hopefully we can make allot of progress. After a couple weeks in the islands of the south of Thailand, I should be rejuvenated to get this project completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment