Sunday, January 4, 2009

Starting to rebuild

Starting to frame the built-in for the fridge and a new knee wall next to the steps.



Dad came up for a week early on to help. We were able to make alot of progress with him working first shift then me on second shift. Thanks for all the help, Dad!
We added insulation to exterior walls and ceiling. Before with no insulation the kitchen was always cold in the winter. Only one HVAC vent didn't really cut it. I am also planning to add an electric floor warming system to improve comfort of the ceramic tile floor in winter. Yes, that big box is a new toilet. A casualty of the new plumbing is needing to replace the original Douglas-Leader toilet in the upstairs bath. I preferred to keep the old one, because I liked the old wall hung tank style. But the plumber could not guarantee it wouldn't leak due to parts not being available. Replacing the toilet left a bare spot on the wall where the builder tiled around the tank.
Well..I now know what my next project will be... A look as drywall is starting to go up...

No comments:

Post a Comment